Thursday, December 6, 2012

Definitely Choosing Good


 

What is this good that we choose?

Being truly aware of the needs of others as well as ourselves leads us to a different perception of The Economy.

Showing everyone how to raise food feeds the poor.

Showing everyone how to have a cottage industry feeds everyone, clothes everyone,  provides culture for everyone.

Doing these things for ourselves engages us in the purest and most enriching economy.

Comparison with the current production scale and methods thwarts the artist in us all.

Building communities near and far releases our artistry.

I love the ideas that come to me.

I love their sweetness, their innocence and their quiet power.

I love their beauty and the enrichment of learning new skills to express them.

God, it is hard to learn some of this stuff.

Some of it is pleasant and fits my hand.

But some of it is foreign to my previous tools and I have no aptitude, only desire.

Well, desire is the best aptitude, but still...

It is good to learn.

It is good to share.

It is good to enrich and be enriched.

It is good to be independent and interdependent.

It is good to have the outside things under control and to express the inner things.

That is definitely good.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment