Sunday, August 31, 2014

Be a beginner

When you are willing to be a beginner, you are able to try out new things, develop new interests.

As a beginner, it is imperative to approach your new direction without judgement.

Of course, you are not going to be good at it right away.

You are still learning its vocabulary.

There are new tools, new moves, new words.

Everything is new.

Some things are easy and some things are just downright impossible at first.

When I realized how much I wanted to move in a particular direction, I began studying the things I thought I would need to know.

Over a period of four years, I took workshops, got certifications, training, experiences in as many things as I could gain access to in my current location.

Now that I am here, I am finding all of it useful, but of course, I still need to know more.

So, even as I am gaining experience, I am still a beginner.

My husband is willing to be a beginner, also.

He is having to figure things out based on his current knowledge and what he can pick up from other sources.

He is using skills from his original seventh-grade shop class, plus fifteen years of experience helping other people learn how to build things.

We are both stepping out in new directions and it is both exhilarating and scary.

Since we have anticipated that, we are more prepared.

It is exciting to take new steps and develop a life-long dream.

We are willing to be beginners.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment