Saturday, January 3, 2015

Beauty as a Priority

Using my mind to conceive beautiful things, and then my hands to make them, has become a priority for me.

I like the idea of balancing my requirements to include the making of beautiful things.

I am cooking nutritious food, living tiny so that I don’t have so much space to take care of, and consciously devoting myself to the deep enjoyment of creativity first.

This is a new priority, although I have always enjoyed creative expression.

Since we we generate more of what we think about, I would like to generate more beauty.

When we think about providing for necessities and being disciplined and obedient to do so, we are making only adequate decisions.

But they are not the kinds of decisions that let us live radically expressive and satisfying lives.

There are entire parts of the brain devoted to creativity.

We are meant to use them.

Giving some time to the letting go of obligations and just daydreaming about the way we want to live and the ways we can be of service and the creative things we can make to inspire ourselves and others is a part of our lives to invest in.

Letting the imagine loose in these ways adds a delightful dimension of happiness to us.

Different mental and emotional sensations are available to us as we begin this exploration.

Don’t be afraid to be a beginner.

Be generous with yourself.

Take the baby steps.

It feels so good to activate those mental and emotional centers for creativity and beauty.

Continually visiting them celebrates the experience, and with reiterations and more inspiration, even improves the products.

More beauty can come in as it is shared out.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment