Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Foolish to Be Happy

Several times in my life, I have found happiness in something, only to have it belittled by someone else.

Sometimes I let that take away my happiness.

Sometimes I simply evaluated and validated my happiness again.

When I take a step which frees me in some way, I am extremely happy.

It is not necessarily something which would show up from the outside.

But inside me, I can tell that I have made progress.

If my account of stuff does not impress someone else, it is because their evaluation criteria is based on stuff.

If my happiness is in being creative, my success shows up in germinating all kinds of creative ideas and carrying them out.

For me, when I have the resources to be creative, (and I always do), it makes me extremely happy.

Now that I know being creative makes me happy, I can be happy all the time.

Any time I am not happy, I can move myself into my creative zone, right in that moment.

I can play with creative ideas.

So the substance of my life, my knowledge of what makes me happy, is profound.

It is powerful.

There is nothing foolish about it.

As for stuff, that is simply not what makes me happy.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment