Friday, September 1, 2017

Rhythm vs. Schedule

Running a household can be done well with a schedule.

It is best when it finds its own rhythm.

Activities and requirements are balanced, not forced into time periods.

I am enjoying finding the rhythm of my household.

Even with just two of us living here, instead of a household with many children and activities,  an ideal rhythm is emerging.

As I learn to incorporate new things, such as canning and gardening, and simplify others, the balance of thought all goes to things that I love.

I find time to do them which is not hurried time.

It is fine if I do them for a short or a long time.

It is fine if I do things in segments.

I have very few needs, and these never delay what I love to do.

As I experience the joy of learning new things, and learn to incorporate small steps more and more naturally, the rhythm shifts a bit here and a bit there.

Moving away from the idea of back to back scheduling is completely different from the way Western society is run.

Finding a balanced rhythm for living is gentle, consistent, relaxing, and effective.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment