Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What Are You Valuing Most About Yourself Today?


Your bank account?

Your body mass index?

Your closet full of clothes?

Your friends and their opinions?

Current news topics?

The state of your household?

As I used to watch the millions of thoughts that fly through my mind during the day, I realized that very few of them were taking me in the direction I wished to go.

They were not adding to my value.

I was spending lots of time in thoughts about various topics, and many of them were negative thoughts.

Through a lot of study, I have become very selective about what I think about.

I want it to add to my value.

I value most my ability to stop and become conscious of what I am thinking about now.

I value most my ability to choose which direction I want to send my thoughts.

I value most my ability to change my direction in life and to make it more productive and positive.

As I do this, I notice my bank account, body, clothing, friends and the news take up a lot less room in my thoughts.

Everything feels better about me.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

If you would like to download a printable version of this meditation, please go to:
http://www.inspiredpractices.com/YDM/YDM/Your_Diamond_Mind/Entries/2013/8/6_What_Are_You_Valuing_Most_About_Yourself_Today.html

No comments:

Post a Comment