Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Feeding the Engine of Creativity

I feed the engine of creativity with qualities.

I have been studying the ideas of infinity, substance, harmony, presence all my life.

With these and other qualities in uppermost my thought, creative ideas naturally flow.

I have turned within through this process for so long, it is just as much a part of me as any other habit.

Cultivating the qualities you wish to express in your creative endeavor will draw the projects you most value to you.

I suggest working with an old-fashioned printed dictionary.

I suggest writing out definitions by hand or at least typing them.

The way the words feed into your consciousness makes a deep impression.

My goal is to feel the essence of each quality I wish to express.

Then, when an idea comes together, it has all of those qualities in it.

Whatever I am conscious of shows up in my work.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment