Saturday, March 14, 2015

As Artists

Walking around the Dallas Quilt Show, it felt so very good to be immersed in such color and design and creativity and beauty.

My favorites were the art quilts.  

Such individuality.  

It was fun to read the short descriptions by the quilters to gain a bit of insight into the work.

Mainly, it justified all that I feel about art and music and creativity.

The expression fulfills its own purpose.

When I want to play with colors and layers and shapes, it is for its own sake.

When a musical idea partners itself with words, I get to witness the dance.

When I visit a museum, I see the encapsulation of thousands and thousands of tiny thoughts into one work.

Art and creativity are beyond description.

They simply have to be.

And we, we get to be, also, as recipients, as artists.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment