Sunday, September 25, 2016

Celebrate Mistakes

Sometimes your originality may surface as a mistake.

I have learned the joy of celebrating my mistakes through ornamentation.

I was raised by a perfectionist, so I learned the value of correctness and fine detail.

I went into professional classical music, so every note had to be perfect at the right pitch and rhythmic value in accord with eighty other symphony musicians.

But now that I have become a beginner in so many other new endeavors, I find joy and spontaneity in the inevitable mistakes I am making as I learn new skills.

They can be “charming”, as a drawing teacher told me.

They can be emphasized with ornamentation in sewing, knitting, quilting, weaving.

They can result in new flavor combinations with food and spices.

Now, I love to celebrate my mistakes, and then continue learning.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

www.yourdiamondmind.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment