Thursday, September 8, 2016

Working at an Optimum

Today, at the quilt show in Springfield, I visited a booth whose exhibitor was “downsizing”.  

I got a couple of good finds for myself, keeping  in mind that I live in a tiny house, or at least a small cabin-in-the-woods.

It makes it so easy when contemplating beautiful and useful things.

What will make my life more enjoyable?

What will make my living space too crowded?

Even as I move things back and forth between the cabin and the in-town Studio, I find I can still overplan.

Whereas I might have time to read at the cabin, it overloads me in the Studio where I have a project completion program going on.

I still have to keep myself sane, even though I now have an outlet and lots of space.

What I do love, is that I can work to an optimum.

As I am finishing one or two, (or let’s be realistic and honest), several things, I can start a few more.

It gives me a flow, and lets me feel fulfilled in several directions.

The overlap is marvelous.

I have several friends who actually do work on one thing at a time.

Not all of them can work on “monogamous” projects, though.

There are plenty of us who need the stimulation and feedback between all the projects at once.

I find that I gather a yarn stash or a fabric stash, and then at a certain point, I am full, and I work on several things at once.

It makes me happy.

I love that I can work in the ways that make me feel good.

Sometimes I work by myself, and sometimes I work in community with others.

That, too, gives me a balance.

Having so many acquaintances in so many groups who are all employing our hands and minds to create beautiful things is very uplifting.

There is a given for why we are so involved.

It is a mutual feeling of joy and value in engagement.

It is not passive.

it is tangible evidence of love, order, utility, beauty.

It is an optimum way to work.


© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

www.yourdiamondmind.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment