Thursday, August 25, 2016

Appreciate Yourself

I have just been sorting through all my types of projects and materials and the resources which support them.

I love everything on all those shelves.

It makes me so happy to be around what I love to do.

It is all fitting into a nice busy flow, which feels completely comforting to me.

The early childhood music resources compliment the music teaching doll I am sewing.

My favorite knitting magazines can now join the yarn stash.

The weaving threads and rug yarns are behind the looms.

The washed fleeces and batts are behind the spinning wheel.

The art materials and drawing books are in several project bags.

All my joy in doing these fun things is organizing itself into gentle production.

I can add on to my short-term and long-term habits of drawing, sewing, quilting, weaving, spinning, writing.

It is simply easier to find everything now that I don’t have to hide behind them as distractions.

They are my work.

All my experiences have led up to this Studio as celebration.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

Inspired Practices - FB

No comments:

Post a Comment