Monday, August 1, 2016

Awareness and Pacing

This morning, I woke up in the country, watched the sun gradually appear from behind the ridge, flow over the meadow as it got higher, and release the scents along with the increasing heat.

As we drove to the studio/shop, I mused on the fact that because of all the “conveniences” at the studio, it is easy, very easy, to over schedule myself and feel tense and lacking because I can’t do it all.

So, I am considering how to take the best of what I am observing between the country and the city.

My studio is set up so I can move from one space to another easily, with all my materials at hand.

I can simply do one thing at a time, without pressuring myself.

I can continue to read and study about the next things I want to accomplish, and then, at a time which is provided according to the new rhythm of the Universe which I am embracing, the first steps can be taken on those other projects.

Just because I can read about it, doesn’t mean I have to do it right away.

In rereading, I can absorb more of the details, get ready to learn the new skills I will need, and be aware of the materials I need to locate.

I can start long-term projects on a smaller scale than I originally envisioned, and learn on a small scale instead of making the inevitable mistakes in any new enterprise on the larger scale.

I can compare what is working in the city location to the different conditions I encounter in the country location.

It is all about awareness and pacing.

Oh, so I can relax after all, and still get plenty done and enjoy myself along the way.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment