Thursday, October 27, 2016

Averting Panic

With the beginning of seasonal planning, I reviewed my desire to stay at home and work while my husband went out-of-town for his business.

Since his business takes place where we used to live and we still have two adult children there, it is always a temptation to get drawn into the time frame of cultural norms of holiday celebrations.

I prefer not to be involved for several reasons, both personal and professional, but I found myself beginning to experience the symptoms of a panic attack as my emotions dragged me in a direction I do not enjoy.

Before I got very far down that path, I found myself asking what I would really like to do.

My ready answer was, to be making my second video music lesson.

Since the first one is not yet done, this answer propelled me into action to organize the first season of ten lessons.

Now that I am actively engaged with spreadsheets and looking up song titles, I have settled into my happiest zone of productivity.

I now know that I will not be drawn into something by habit; I am already moving forward in a direction I do enjoy.

I prefer my family visits to be solely for the time that I can spend with them, rather than focusing around holiday demands.

I also needed a way to take the next steps in this long-awaited project.

I am content that I now have the best of both worlds, and grateful that I also have a way to move out of the panic arena.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

www.yourdiamondmind.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment