Sunday, October 23, 2016

When You Feel Agitation

You may notice agitation as a physical reaction or irritation in your body.

It is good to check yourself by observing your thoughts.

A therapy book I was reading suggested relaxation as a cultivated practice to balance hyper-alertness.

I found myself getting more anymore tense as I sneezed in an allergic reaction.

I decided to calm myself in order to stop.

As I observed my thoughts, I realized an undercurrent o rehearsing a hurtful situation.

I redirected my thought to enjoy what I was doing right at the present moment instead.

I was able to resume the pleasant conversation I was having without the sneezing reaction.

Later on in the night, I awoke with same symptoms.

Once again, I found a habitual negative rehearsal of thoughts taking place.

I calmed myself by remember my own choice to leave the negative situation.

I affirmed my gratitude for where I am, and I appreciated the new, positive people and delightful activities I am now involved in.

The symptoms receded.

I do not have to go along with or experience agitation in any way.

I can become conscious of what is going on in my life, and in my body and I can redirect my thoughts to change in a positive direction.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment