Sunday, October 19, 2014

Find Your Own Peace

What gives you the greatest sense of peace?

What lets you feel the depth of your own nature, your own being?

Take the time to listen for it.

Walk in Nature.

Sit quietly in a corner of the library.

Where are your quiet places?

They yield a different kind of beauty.

The beauty of “slow”, of “quiet”, of “peace”.

I can’t imagine doing that when I was in the full swing of college, grad school, orchestra gigs.

But now that it is part of my life, I really love what it is doing for me.

The peace leaks over into all the other areas of my life.

It lets me look at what is happening from a different perspective, one where I am not in control all the time.

The peace is.

I carry the feeling with me.

But I still love the opportunities to recharge it and feel its depth all around and through me.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment