Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Value of Orchestration

Since the age of nine years old, I have been playing in symphony orchestras, at first youth orchestras, and later professional ones.

I have been in the middle of the sensations of multiple melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic lines flowing all around me.

I have noticed, even in the years after my active involvement in playing and performing, that I still seek out the complexity of lines, relationship and flow to engage me.

Most often, I seek it out in conversation.

I see and feel it in art and dance.

I definitely participate in it in any and all of my create modes.

And now, I see it in business applications.

To be most effective, there must be enough of value going on with everyone contributing to the beauty, power, majesty, and sensitivity of the whole.

It must wash over all who come in contact with it, designer, maker, receiver.  

It must be a thing of reverent, passionate memory.

It must engage and enrich all of us.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment