Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Let It Blow Right Through You

I was standing up and resisting and hating the fact that once again I was dealing with the dragged up memories of the past.

I had gotten so much farther along, but then, with the holidays, the dreaded memories came back.

My husband reminded me to just “let it blow right through me” instead of giving myself something to resist and fight against.

I was able to take his advice and to get on with my holiday baking.

He wrapped presents.

We will be ready to mail them later this evening.

We can let this part of the holidays move along in a harmonious and gentle way.

We will be grateful that we choose to remember and celebrate our adult children and our grandchildren.

We will be grateful that we have always celebrated them in the ways that we can, and that that is sufficient.

We will not judge ourselves or anyone else.

We will let all that “just blow right through us” and get on with our sense of celebration.

And then we will find a quiet way to spend the actual holiday, free from any of the dreaded memories of the past.

We will choose our own path through the cultural traditions and the media harassed “enhancement” of them.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment