Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Special Items

When I go to a special event, I always look for the most unusual or imaginative item.

I found a lattice-style scarf with rosettes at the junctures of the weaving.

I found metal articulated dragon “fingers” at a Renaissance Faire.

A friend showed me a lucet (a device for weaving cord) made out of a wooden spoon.

I always appreciate the original thought and use of materials when I find a special item.

It lets me take note of the artist.

There is an individual connection between the mind of the artist and its manifestation that I love to acknowledge.

I look for the unusual because it suits me.

Original ideas bubble up to me consistently and I love to create and share them.

I learned how to cultivate them very early as a child.

Of course, at that time, I didn’t realize that everyone didn’t do this.

It is a skill which can be developed, first by listening for ideas.

Next, acknowledging them, even in their simple baby-step kind of identity.

Treasure them at this stage and ask them what they want to become.

Support them on their way.

You are their nurturer.

Let them shape themselves and become better at expressing them as they grow in your mind.

Let them grow in words, art, dance, music, sculpture, weaving.

Let them be beautiful and powerful.

Love them.

Let them become special items for those individuals who can recognize your artist’s mind.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment