Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My New Life


I did finally realize that I was in charge of one life only, my own.

What a revelation and also what a relief!

After taking care of the physical and emotional needs of so many for so long, it was hard to break the habit.

But gradually, the reduced number in the household came down to two.

Two adults.

And no children.

Not in the house.

All grown.

All grown children.

Adults on their own.

And now, how to experience this new kind of freedom?

I have been trying out many ways.

And now, I think I have found it.

My own rhythm.

My own balance.

And I am not in the place my children left me when they grew up.

And I am not of the mind of the time my children left me when they grew up.

I am in a new time, and place, and mind.

We remember each other, but we can not see each other in our new places, our new minds, our new times.

Life is so new for us all.

How could they possibly see me where I am now?

None of us have ever been there.

How can we keep up with the changes?


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment