Monday, July 1, 2013

Parenting


I have received excellent parenting.

Some of my parents taught me to read and to have good manners.

Some of my parents taught me other skills.

From some of my parents, I absorbed their philosophies.

From some of my parents, I received guidance.

From some of my parents, I saw happiness and commitment.

Finally, I had children.

And so, I learned some more about parenting.

I learned about the complex requirements of parenting.

I learned how to go way beyond my own strength day and night.

I learned to ask for Guidance because my own experience was not enough.

I watched them understand some lessons and miss some others.

I watched my children grow up.

And although I never felt it was enough, I knew that I had given my all.

And then, I released them to find the many other parents they needed, just as I had been released.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment