Monday, December 30, 2013

Old Plans Fulfilled

I am typing up notes from old spiral notebooks, which I carry with me to this day to write down ideas.

I am typing up ideas from December, 2010.

It is great to see that I have been carrying myself forward in the same train of thoughts and products.

Since that time I have learned how to move my product line to electronic form and make it possible to download them (www.MusicandBooksforChildren.com).

I am still working on many of the ideas, so there are many website pages waiting for me to convert the content into electronic form.  (www.MyMusicalMind.com).

The exciting thing for me is the fact that the ideas have remained consistent.

My work all those many years how to read music on several different musical instruments is fulfilling and valid.

My easier way which gives students independence and puts them in control of the many steps in learning to read music still feels as fun as it did while I was witnessing so many of them going through the process.

It is amazing to realize that I taught several thousand children over a period of forty years and got to see them take hold of the process, constantly refining it so that materials for many different learning styles were included.

These ideas continue to expand, and as I learn more about the computer, I am able to share more of them widely.

It is very reenforcing and fulfilling to go through this process.

© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment