Friday, December 20, 2013

Pure Grace Exposes the Lie and Sets Me Free

Now that I have witnessed the last stand of the lie and become free, I can see why it had to hide in order to do its work.

Everything we say clearly about our right to divinity and freedom is powerful and works to expose and defeat the lie.

Even if we don’t believe it at first, it is still worth saying until we do believe it.

The lie wants to remain hidden.

Otherwise, it would have no place to live.

In a mind convinced of its freedom and value, it cannot do its hidden work.

The lie wants to hide because what it says is so blatantly untrue that anyone would see it for what it is and refuse to listen to it.

By becoming so uncomfortable with what the lie says and with living with the results of its hidden influences, we are led to rebel and resist and to take a different stand for ourselves.

At this point, the lie knows its days are numbered.

I found myself becoming so convinced by the strong affirmations I made and by the way they defined me, that it became fun to discover new ways of doing this.

Also, even when I didn’t feel like doing the required work, I did it anyway.

It didn’t matter to me that I didn’t feel I was seeing any results.

I did not want to continue with the way I was living and thinking about myself and my life.

It seemed no matter what I did, I could not shake myself loose from my limiting beliefs.

Creating affirmations based on divine law and being resolutely consistent about declaring them with conviction is what finally caused the lie to come out of hiding.

The contrast was so great.

Even so, I was shocked and amazed at its cruelty.

As I reached out to help myself, all I could do was distract myself with projects.

I was so divided in my attention between the lie and what I was trying to do, that I decided to call a counseling service for help.

When it was exposed, the hatred was so great, I couldn’t even think, couldn’t remember my phone number.

Finally, I was able to cut through enough of the shock and leave a message.

I was partially outside myself and partially observing this phenomenon with great interest.

Finally the shock wave left and I was left with the bare naked lie.

No wonder it had been so hard to defeat it.

I had lived with the results and would never have accepted what I was told about myself unless it had been able to hide itself so well.

But, through Grace, the contrast became so great between how I have come to think of myself, that there was finally no hiding place for it.

That battle was its last stand.

It is exposed, and I am free.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment