Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Have My Joy Cut out For Me

I am learning new computer skills which will expand my outreach as I present my music reading readiness materials to the public.

As I go through the lists of my music books, I am so excited and pleased that I will be able to offer my new approach to a wider audience of parents and teachers.

The guiding light behind all of the materials has been making music reading more accessible to young children and giving them command of the composing process.

From the very beginning, they are taught how to make musical decisions using the very simple music reading readiness symbols and composing cards for Percussion Level 1, with its six modules for six simple rhythm instruments.

After teaching my new approach since 1984 (!), I have seen thousands of young children transition seamlessly into traditional musical reading.

I am so proud to present this series to the general public.

It will appear as I am ready to present each new level on-line with downloadable e-books and videos to support children’s practice as they play along with me.

Their music reading will develop through many levels until they are ready to play their parts in musical arrangements.

They will be able to read more and more complex musical patterns in the layers of the musical arrangement until they can read and play the tunes.

All along they will be learning how to play in any musical key signature.

They learn how to read rhythm symbols and to compose and play layers of exciting rhythm patterns together.

The confidence this approach builds is phenomenal to watch every time.

The sophisticated musical way the students interact with each other when they play the musical arrangements is always a source of pride to me.

Children come when they are very small with their parents or caregivers and leave several years later as accomplished teen musicians with skilled friends in their musical communities.

I have so much joy in sharing this approach to a wider musical community.

I am adding my new music books each week to www.MyMusicalMind.com


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment