Monday, January 13, 2014

Morning Program

I like to choose a topic to consider for the day.

It can be a spiritual topic, like love, generosity, unselfishness, service, purpose, intelligence or some other virtue.

It always helps to relate to my day in terms of a quality like this before I make out my list of things to do.

Choosing a spiritual topic and journaling on it infuses my thought with that approach and it shapes my day differently.

Instead of rushing frantically from place to place, checking off my list, there is a harmonious flow, and many times, I find I do not have to go so many places or do so many things.

Everything gets done, but it is just easier, smoother.

By the time I apply a spiritual quality to each thing that I have to do, and journal about it and reflect on that quality, I find I am in a totally different frame of mind.

It is wonderful to take that frame of mind with me into every place I go.

I am more relaxed and understanding in traffic.

I am more patient in dealing with others.

I can find what I am looking for more easily.

People are able to help me more effectively.

Taking the time in the morning is best, but I can reorient myself any time during the day.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment