Friday, September 20, 2013

Beginning Observations


Even though I am such a beginner, it is still important that I make a record in art of what I see.

I am able to see more in other people’s art because of what I have begun to do in art myself.

My baby steps are the ones I need to take right now.

As my eye grows more observant, my hand has more information with which to practice.

How I draw the pencil across the page gives feedback to my eye and mind.

Even though I do not practice every day or even every week, my mind is still actively collecting observations on everything I see.

I watched my music students make very slow, but accurate progress, when they did not practice every week, so I know I am making slow, but accurate progress with my art.

Something which I do practice often is my fabric art, and that is receiving the advantage of observations which go into my drawing art.

As I observe the works or other artists who are producing daily, I feel myself relaxing into the way their techniques contribute to the overall feeling of their art.

That is another reason to just look at art and keep collecting the observations which will feed into my next session of art drawings.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com


No comments:

Post a Comment