Thursday, October 10, 2013

Anger


Anger is a way of pushing a problem onto someone else.

Even though you may have a “right” to be upset or disappointed, the solution will eventually be in how you respond, not in the anger of your response.

I am learning this over and over because I was trained in anger, not in solutions.

So I am learning how to create solutions more and more often, rather than just getting mad.

When I realize the source of the problem, usually someone else not getting something done, I can look for ways to take the pressure off.

That is a first step.

Then, I can look for what might make the project fun.

If there is a lot of discomfort around getting the project done, I can respect that.

I have learned it may be attached to something deeper.

I have learned to respect that, too.  I have that same issue.

Until the “something deeper” is dealt with, the project will not be able to go forward, no matter how important a keystone it is.

Also, I can’t necessarily address the deep issue, because that is something the person has to do for him/herself.

But, what I can do is to create an attainable goal that is worth it.

That creates a different route, eases the pressure, and makes it worthwhile and fun in a different way.

The route to that goal involves completing the project, but without having to shove a bunch of old garbage issues out of the way.

Sometimes, a different route helps lessen the garbage pile anyway.

Anger just piles up more garbage.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment