Sunday, November 23, 2014

Convinced of the Wrong Thing

After hearing the dreams and goals of a friend for years, I was convinced I knew what he was talking about.

I watched him commit resources, brain-storm about programming, visited the site with him.

And watched nothing take shape.

Frustrated with that conversation, I began committing my own time and resources to my own dreams and goals.

I just worked on my own projects.

From time to time, I would hear more of the same unfulfilled dream from my friend, but I just kept working n my own dreams.

Finally, there was a painful and massive shift about my friend and resources began to flow for him.

But not in the way his dream had always sounded to me.  What I was convinced of was wrong.

When his shift came, the dream came to be realized in a much easier flow which gained momentum.

The new form was the one that was trying to emerge all the time.

I am grateful to see this process where a dream which is held for a long time, is transformed even while it is being nurtured in a different form.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment