Sunday, November 30, 2014

Being In Tune

Sometimes you find yourself doing something that makes sense to you and then you find out later that you are in tune with something much larger.

The last couple of years that I taught music to pre-schoolers, I began my class in a way that allowed them to transition from their previous activity.

I had them take three deep breaths of inspiration.

I have continued blogging about this (www.takethreedeepbreaths.blogspot.com).

The first deep breath is inspiration for yourself.

The second deep breath is inspiration for all the people that we know.

The third deep breath is inspiration for all the people that we don’t even know all over the planet.

At a workshop today, given by Howard Martin, co-founder of Heart-Math, I listened to many nuggets from research which inform us that our heart’s intelligence is our deepest guide.

One of the things which I noted was that the attitudes that we hold about ourselves and others extend in a scientifically measurable way.

The distance can be three to four feet, eighteen feet or more and to an unlimited distance, depending on the study.

That is how I feel in tune with the practice I led my pre-school students in for several years, and which I still practice today.

We are sending out information about ourselves and extending it to others who we know and who we don’t know.

Shaping our information and attitudes and withholding judgement goes much farther than we might have imagined.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment