Friday, November 14, 2014

Honoring Our Feelings

I was raised to be extremely disciplined, and for the most part, it worked for those things that I was required to do.

But it doesn’t work for those things which I love to do.

I can only do them when I am inspired.

I am inspired most of the time, but I can’t keep doing just one thing.

My inspiration directs me to different things along the way.

Then I get back to the original things I was doing, and so it goes, until many things are done.

It is more of a circular route instead of a straight line.

But it is how I love to work.

When someone outside of us is directing our actions, it may seem to them that things should be done in a certain way.

But when we are being directed from within, we certainly feel a deep commitment and joy in the way we do things.

Go for the joy and delight.

Honor the way you feel and do the things you love.

The more you do this, the more you will see your life arranged to suit your deepest feelings.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment